Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Up in the Highlands...

iammart

Pretty stormy weather week, but got a brief break in the clouds tonight... WOW

I had forgotten how much I can't see from home, blazing and detailed Milky Way, sweeping around with binoculars brings me more than I can see with a telescope, seemingly too many clusters and smudges to identify. 

Surely preaching to the converted, but it's nice to have a reminder that there is still so much out there to see ?

14 minutes ago, iammart said:

I had forgotten how much I can't see from home, blazing and detailed Milky Way, sweeping around with binoculars brings me more than I can see with a telescope, seemingly too many clusters and smudges to identify. 

Don't tell everyone, they'll all make that exodus up the A9?

I have , in the past  driven a short distance from the home, only to stand in awe at the splendour above, and when it's that good, the scope is meaningless, left in the car? 

Even visually, the major constellations are swamped out, awash with Stars., making Star hopping  a different kettle fish,  not so easy.

Enjoy your visit while it lasts.

Archived