Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

focus advice needed please

I am fairly pleased with this image as is only my 4th attempt but as you can see I have a problem getting a more defined edge to things,my camera is a ZWO120MC-S and using  Lunt ls60 pt 1200,just cant seem to get a definite focus when I am looking at the image in the frame on my laptop in Registax,am getting a Bahtinov mask for help with focus on my Nexstar 8 SE but would welcome any advice for doing solar capture,many thanks

Tony

sun 4.jpg

I suspect that what you're unhappy about here may not be coming from the focus but from the inability of the solar scope to give an optimal image quality across the entire field. This isn't unusual. I'd say the middle part of the disk visible here is by far the sharpest part.

Is this from a single exposure length or was the prom added from a set using longer exposures? I'd say the prom was very well resolved.

Olly

Archived