Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron pro 20x80 vs 25X100

There is a fairly whopping distance between the two, in terms of quality, I’m not sure what information you are looking to judge with. Effectively aperture always wins and a 100mm binocular will ALWAYS show more than an 80mm binocular. But they are massive.

this article is really useful;

https://www.cloudynights.com/documents/binos3.pdf

I’m sorry I’m not sure what you’re asking...

You have to decide whether you want 80mm or 100mm, they’re quite different in many ways. But you’ll need a heavy duty mounted tripod for both. I wouldn’t particularly think the the Skymaster 80 pros are inherently “better” than the Skymaster 100s because they’ve got the word “pro” in the title. They’re better than the Skymaster 80s, but that’s it really; you could compare them to other 80s I guess but not a pair of 100s, If you were comparing Helios or quantum then it might be different but the question here is not “quality vs aperture” cos it doesn’t apply in this context really.

if it were me, I’d go for 100s just for the light grab, but check some side by side photos they are massive!! 

Archived