Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Brampton 30 Sep 18

Nothing special in teh post processing department and also nothign special in the data collectino  department, but a 1st grab of data up here in the wonderful dark skies.

Is made up of 30 x 20s unguided and un-tracked lights taken with my D7100 and Sigma 10-20mm at 10mm. f5.6 and ISO 800.  No darks,  no flats, no biases as am away and CBA taking them atm (will do for Kielder trip as want to get the best fro that one).  Did not set uo the SA as hotel griunds did not afford me a clear view of Polaris, so just went for simple tripod and static.

Post wise all I have done is an SCNR, histogram strectch and curves tweak.  When  I get back home and have use of my main computer, wil spend more  time doing full workflow on the data,  but for now am very happy with the result and gives me a warm fuzzy feeling of what I can look forward too.

910261010_FarlamQaD.thumb.jpg.1f6f37867596f723acbac5e570f7383d.jpg

Hope you are enjoying your work trip, the skies have been good all weekend,were over at the Galloway star camp and had very clear cold skies last night,i think you`ll agree Brampton has good viewing? A  good advertisement for Northern skies,your photo is a great composition.

Mike

Archived