Need some advice on apt and phd2 please

Wirral man

Hi all having a couple of niggles so need some advice on settings.

I keep getting the message on phd2 to increase max dec,

now do I have to enable backlash compensation on phd2??

Also when dithering the total ra osc shows 2.55 and loses the star,

now do I enable auto dithering in apt settings or leave it off and let phd2 take care of it? 

If anyone can put me right it would be appreciated thanks in advance...

17 minutes ago, Wirral man said:

now do I enable auto dithering in apt settings or leave it off and let phd2 take care of it? 

Cant answer your other questions but dithering is controlled under the Guide button on the scope control screen.

1 hour ago, spillage said:

If you have possible backlash it will tell you what settings need changing and you apply them all with one click. It will also tell you how your PA is.

Really Omg!!! why dont I know about these things...well thanks i will definitely  be looking at this!!!

Dont suppose know about the dithering side of things do you just not sure on whether I select auto dithering on apt or not?? Or do phd2 just do it automatically or do I need apt to tell it to?

No in APT when you set up your plan at the top right (I think is a check box) if this is checked I am sure it will NOT dither.

In the guide tab in the scope section you can adjust the dither settings.

In PHP you can again I think change some dithering options ie RA only and I think sprial or random and again I think level 1-5. (this is wrong and APT is 1-5, PHD is is 0.1-100)

Sorry just off the top of my head on this.

In PHP I have RA only random and level 4. But cannot remember my APT settings. (this is at level 5)

I would just try the default settings and run it to see if it dithers enough for your kit.

Archived