A portion mof M31 close up

Rodd

A recent annotated M31 inspired me.  This is a crop of an image made with the FSQ 106 with .6x reducer and the asi 1600. It is a crop with no resampling.  Not sure how big it will be whn I upload t.  I may have to resample.  If I edit, that's why.

Crop4.jpg.7f37681c5b3baa1940fcb59df195a769.jpg

36 minutes ago, peter shah said:

love the colour and detail, I think you have taken the sharpening  just past where it needs to be as I can see dark halos around the stars

Thanks Peter.  Yeah I know--I processed the crop a bit after I cropped it, trying to get it better.  Here is a crop of the final image that has not been processed after the crop.  Still may have gone too far--but at least I didn't exacerbate it.  

Crop5.jpg.21617b91c04c788995dec340b67a9c5e.jpg

35 minutes ago, peter shah said:

so much better... I can still just see slight halos on some of the smaller stars..... but really only just

Thanks Peter--yeah, I tend to push things too far.  Unfortunately I will never be able to start from scratch with this data again as it was all lost when my external storage drive bit the dust.  I am looming forward to doing this target again though.

Rodd

Archived