NGC 6992 - A SNR in Cygnus

nandopg

Hello everyone,

In spite of the low altitude of this object in Southern (Lat=-22Deg), I tried a bicolour stack whose results is hummm...  so, so.

I captured 15 x 900 sec  Ha and 15 x 900sec O3.  During the post- processing  I created the luminance's and green's layers.

I hope someday to be in the Northern Hemisphere again to capture properly this beauty !!

Thanks for looking,

Fernando

NGC6992.jpg

24 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Really interesting to hear how tricky this object is for you 'down there.'  You've done a great job. 'Up here' it's a lot easier, of course. But we can both see it which is the main thing.

Olly

Thanks Olly !!
That is true, I had to collect more than twice the number of frames used, to end up with a reasonable FWHM for the stack. Not too much else to do from here!!!

Thanks again,
Fernando

7 hours ago, DaveS said:

That's really rather good.

Not seen white in images of this before. From the synthetic L?

It might be Dave, although I have equalized both luminances, the one extracted from the color image and the other from the synthetic luminance channel.

I think the main error on the colors is due to the final white balance, that  I did using the spectral emission of some stars. The problem is that the green channel was also synthetic

Thanks for the remark !!!

Fernando

Archived