Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dumbell LRGB and Narrowband

Craney

A week apart   ( Crescent Moon on the first night,  gibbous on the second),    here is the Dumbell Nebula  or M-27 in two sets of wavebands.

Such a nice bright object and one which I would imagine yields more and more structure as the data acquisition time increases.

LRGB

1359571076_DUMBELL-LRGBcolorjpg.thumb.jpg.334328b7ad5e7187daeb54084887cd56.jpg

and   Bi-colour    Ha-o3

334624272_dumbellrawHa-OIIIBiColorImagejpg.thumb.jpg.c569448f1e701d2899f87b6bde7375ec.jpg

It was good to get out and grab some photons again.   Clear skies everybody.

Scope   Orion Optics 150mm F4 Newtonian:  

Camera  Atik 414ex mono +EFW2

L  26x1min   RGB  9x 1 min each

Ha  46x1min    O3  55x 1min

Thanks Adam.

Getting back into the swing of things after a couple of weeks of work, holidays and commitments,.....and we now have a good 2-3 hours darkness before midnight as well.

There is an outer ring to the nebula that was appearing in the processing of the Ha-O3 , but the 'bar' in the dumbell was saturating, so I stepped back for aesthetic purposes.

I might redo a test one to show it.

Yes,  because it is such a forgiving target.   With the 414ex the nebula shows up on the screen with 1 sec subs, so it is easy to move around and frame.

I may get the big guns out for it..... either.... the C6 with the 1500mm FL, or the SW 10" Quattro ...!!!  That will test my polar alignment and the precision of the rig. ?

I picked up a Losmandy Dual bar from a bloke here on SGL and crikey, it makes things a lot more straightforward when it comes to guiding, especially with longer focal length scopes.

Archived