Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Elephant Trunk

Hello all

Just had a short session on the elephant trunk nebula. It's a first time for me and I knew it was faint but I had a go in rgb on setup. What is the right colours for this nebula? I kept mine softer as it seems some pictures almost look like purple H Alpha clouds :) Thanks for looking all comments welcomed  

Gerry 

Elephant_Trunk_Best.thumb.JPG.9e6f59030578d323ff7c001e66d72424.JPG

15 minutes ago, JohnSadlerAstro said:

Hi,

Nice photo! :)

What sub lengths and camera settings did you use? What camera and scope, as well? I'd like to have a go at this sometime. ;) 

John

Thanks John

The subs were all 240 secs only 20 of them on a Canon 550d ISO 800 on a Skywatcher 150pds and Eq6. Processed using DSS and photoshop.

Yes I almost didn’t bother because each individual sub was very faint but after stacked I was pleasantly surprised that it was there.

I might add some more subs to see if I can improve it  

Gerry

1 hour ago, JohnSadlerAstro said:

Even better!

Do you know if the Wizard is any brighter? I'm a little concerned with my light pollution that this may be a tiny bit too faint. 

John

I would say they are about the same. In fact on the same night I did one exposure of it but decided on elephant as it fills more of the field. 

Gerry

Archived