NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cocoon and Dust

Allinthehead

That is a stunning Image Richard and another success of the ASI 071! I notice that you say that you only go to -5°C to avoid fogging. I run mine on -15°C and I have had some fogging issues but the fog dissapears after about an hour, so now I turn on the cooling and anti dew an hour before I start imaging and it seems to work. Apparently ZWO has not completely solved the issue by heating the camera window.

Do you intend to use it also for Ha now when the moon is up or will you use your ASI1600MM? (By the way you have forgot to update your signature since the 071 is not in there)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, gorann said:

(By the way you have forgot to update your signature since the 071 is not in there)

Forgot to say. I've tried multiple times to update my sig and for some reason it won't allow me. Who should i contact to ask about this?

As for the cooling question i find -5 easy to maintain all year round and if you look at the graph for this camera cooling beyond -5 gives only very minor advantages. 

071pro-dc-vs-t.png.45059ff4f1468baf922d682f0748b64a.png

19 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

Forgot to say. I've tried multiple times to update my sig and for some reason it won't allow me. Who should i contact to ask about this?

I already wrote here:

Perhaps the admins are busy.

39 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

As for the cooling question i find -5 easy to maintain all year round and if you look at the graph for this camera cooling beyond -5 gives only very minor advantages. 

071pro-dc-vs-t.png.45059ff4f1468baf922d682f0748b64a.png

Thanks, I had not looked at that curve. I will probably go for -5°C in the future. May also save on the camera chilling hardware (and electric bill?)

48 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

No intention for now but that duo filter looks interesting to use with it. The Asi 1600 could become almost redundant if that duo filter is as good as it looks.

Another example here.

https://www.astrobin.com/367039/?nc=picks

I have to admit I had not heard about these dual nad filters. Very interesting! With regard to NB imaging with the ASI 071 compard to ASI 1600, you also get 60% more image area with the 071, which often may be desirable.

Archived