Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flame Nebula - my first time

Maxrayne

Flame Nebula

A first for me, the Flame Nebula, located in the Orion Molecular Cloud Complex. I stayed up until 4am this morning to capture this. And, at the bottom of the image, in among the red muck that I've deliberately kept in shot, you can make out the Horsehead Nebula coming through, another first for me. Somewhat on the green side admittedly, nevertheless I'm happy with it as a first go.

Also, can't remember who suggested using the aperture mask, but omg THANK YOU. Can't wait to revisit this as Orion gets higher earlier

Mount: SW SA
Imaging Scope; SW ST80 stopped down
Capture Device: Unmodded Nikon D5300
Focal Length: 400mm
ISO: 800
Sub Length: 30 seconds
Darks/Flats/Bias: No
Total Integration Time: 1530 seconds
Bortle 5
Stacking Software: Sequator
Editing Software: LightRoom

LRM_EXPORT_83877618564197_20180913_133619660.jpeg

14 minutes ago, adyj1 said:

Nice first go. You now know the framing to get the horsehead in your next try. 

Ady

Thank you :) And absolutely yes. When I had a go at it last night/this morning I was struggling to keep the ball head mount from slipping, hence why the bad frame. I've already popped the original dovetail plate back on ready for next time, which I'm also hoping will be my first attempt at guiding too 

Archived