Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Clear night for once, no observing

The Warthog

When I got home last night, the sky was as clear as it has been here for at least a year. As we had just come home from a show in Toronto, it would have been as much as my life is worth to get out the scope, but I did take the dogs outside for a wee. The Pleiades was brilliant in my binocs, and Orion was just above the rooftops, where it's usually murky, but I could see a great M42 even at 10x. I could spot M36 and 38 clearly in Auriga, but of course I had to go inside soon. Tonight, cloudy.

I think the weather gods are laughing at me.

Hi WH - let's hope it clears for you soon. Auriga is so tantalising at the moment. I've never really got to grips with this constellation, but I was checking it out last night with the binos, just to get a feel for it. Hopefully in a few weeks it will have lifted out of the LP by the early evening and I can try and track down the Messiers.

Ed

Archived