NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Datyson T7 M

Pankaj

Hi. I got my Datyson T7 M Guiding Camera sometime back.

Can anyone help me with the following queries -

1. While using this guide camera, I have to remove its lens first and then insert in the Guidescope. Right?

2. In the kit, there's also a tube with some sort of colored glass. The pics on the internet say, its a ''C-Mount Extend Tube with filter''. What kind of filter is this ? 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/T7-Astro-Camera-Astronomical-Astronomy-Planetary-High-Speed-Electronic-Eyepice-Telescope-Digital-Lens-for-Guiding-Astrophotograp/32786715355.html

Hi, I cannot help much, but hope it helps.

1. When you say, "...I have to remove its lens first..." - I assume you mean the eyepiece lens. If "yes" then the camera will now become the eyepiece when it is attached to the finderscope or the OTA drawtube as per the photo.
  2. C-Mount is the thread used mainly on CCTV cameras. The 'extend tube', I assume means 'extension tube' - use this to achieve focus as the finderscope may not have enough in/out focus without it. As for filter, it maybe an IR or UV filter. 

Other more knowledgeable SGL'ers will offer more advice. :iamwithstupid:

• 3 months later...

I have a Datyson T7 camera, I used for some time with a QHY miniGuideScope, but I think it is a bad camera. It is very noisy and it is not very sensitive. A mono ASI120MM Mini is lightyears better what I use for the same guidescope now.

Archived