PK086+05.1, a Bat and a Squid

ampleamp

@Barry-Wilson posted an excellent view and description of an area in Cygnus - 

- which contained an elusive Planetary Nebula called PK 086+05.1 (or We 1-10). In some communication with @Petergoodhew on Astrobin, Barry suggested we turn our 152/1200 on this PN. Well we did and this is my version of this very faint object. This image is a combination of subs from Shropshire (my 152/1200 and SX H694) and remotely from ICA in Spain (Pete's 152/1200 and QSI6120). Peter will post his version but i have used 21.5 hours Ha (1 bin) and 22 hours O111(2 bin). The Spanish data also includes LRGB in addition and i intend to combine that data into this but have run out of computer time for a couple of weeks. Amazingly, there is a lot more Shropshire data than Spanish in this version with nearly all the O111 and half the Ha coming from home.

My other project these last couple of weeks has been a wider view of Sh2-129, The Flying Bat Nebula and within this i decided to try for OU4, or The Squid Nebula. Initially this was going to be a conventional HaRGB but this ended up a serious challenge as 2x2 O111 frames of 20 minutes barely showed a thing. In the end i used 19.25 hours of Ha (900" frames) and 35.5 hours of O111 (900" and 1200" frames), all frames from Shropshire. I have the rgb but haven't used it here yet.

I can understand why this was undiscovered until 7 years ago; a seriously faint object ? 

I have added the inverse of the  O111 data for interest (edit - this is the integration stack!)

As always I am looking for any critique and suggestions as to how to improve processing.

Thanks for looking

PK086+05-1.png

Sh2-129.png

O_raw_invert.png

Archived