Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ETX 70 repair started

Kn4fty

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. It's not perfect, but quite useable. The views last night were great!. I think I figured out the alignment issue. I just need to subtract a hour from the time I put in the handbox.

I have a long aluminum hande/knob, (about 2 1/2" long x 1/2" diameter), from an old mount if you want to change what you have for the focusser, unless you already have something.

If you are interested, drop me a PM with your address and I will put it in the post for you one day next week, assuming the Royal Mail & US Postal Service will deliver it. I don't want anything for it. 

Thanks, I appreciate that. I already have a knob for it. I just have to tap it for this rod. It looks worse on camera than in person. I actually reworked it yesterday too. When I put it together before, I thought the locktite had completely cured. It wasn't lol. It glued itself to the lense carriage. I fixed that and added a spring to the outside to take up any slack. Next week I'll tap the knob and place it.

1 hour ago, Kn4fty said:

Thanks. It's not perfect, but quite useable. The views last night were great!. I think I figured out the alignment issue. I just need to subtract a hour from the time I put in the handbox.

Sounds like you're on summer time but the mount isn't?

Yeah. Its seems to be about an hour off when it slews to an object. During the alignment procedure I would use the HB to make corrections, but it doesn't seem to take it. So I'm gonna try to subtract an hour.

Archived