Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Angular size of comet 21p giacobini zinner ??

Craney

Hello everybody,

Has anybody imaged the comet over the last day or so and can tell me an approximate angular size from head to tail.

I am after getting a decent image using the newly acquired  QHY8 pro (OSC)  and am wondering what scope to load onto the mount to point at it ??

Many thanks,

Sean.

22 minutes ago, Craney said:

Hello everybody,

Has anybody imaged the comet over the last day or so and can tell me an approximate angular size from head to tail.

I am after getting a decent image using the newly acquired  QHY8 pro (OSC)  and am wondering what scope to load onto the mount to point at it ??

Many thanks,

Sean.

Hi Sean

The QHY8 has a comparable sensor size to my DSLR. I imagedd it last Sunday and at 510mm you could fit at least 4 comets end to end vertically along the sensor.

You be safe enough at 1000mm

Thanks Adam.   

That's the info I am after.     Might load up the 250 F4  !!!....    and catch it in a shorter exposures that way.   It is probably legging it across the sky in big chunks at the moment.

Cheers.

6 minutes ago, Craney said:

Thanks Adam.   

That's the info I am after.     Might load up the 250 F4  !!!....    and catch it in a shorter exposures that way.   It is probably legging it across the sky in big chunks at the moment.

Cheers.

I think they would be a great choice. Look forward to you images and how you go about it.  Here is one I took, guided on the comet. Moon was up and definitely impaired the quality. 

8 minutes ago, Craney said:

I like the idea of an  animation...  I imagine it takes a bit of patience to construct....  lots of editing etc..

Not really! Run it all through PIPP and it does aligns the frames for you. Really easy 

Archived