SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars [2018.09.05]

1CM69

44478893072_c5e68b3f06_o.jpg

Mars [2018.09.05] by 1CM69, on Flickr

Mars was very low, around 12deg ALT so I am pleased to get this kind of detail. 

I captured 5xLRGBx60s sequences in SharpCap. 

Each one of the 20 .ser files was stacked in AS!3 & because of the low quality, turned out to only be 1% of usable frames. 

Then each resulting image was adjusted in RegiStax 6 using wavelets to bring out some more detail before being run through WinJupos for measurements, with each channel then derotated to produce a master channel image. 

I then made further slight tweaks to wavelets on these master images & then ran the 4 masters through WinJupos once again to produce master .ims files. 

These master .ims files were then used to derotate the RGB image. 

I initially added the L channel to the mix but found that it didn't really add to the result but in fact made things slightly worse, so I removed it. 

The image you see is purely RGB. 

With the final resulting image from WinJupos, I then made a few colour balance & sharpening tweaks in PS.

Thanks for looking.

Archived