NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moon test with my new filter

TareqPhoto

22 hours ago, saac said:

Lovely shots there Tareq, seeing look excellent;  nice and crisp in focus.  What filter are you using ?

Jim 

Thanks!

I really don't know if seeing was excellent or not if not using the filter, i should shoot with filter and without filter for comparison, maybe next time.

The filter i used is "Astronomik ProPlanet IR742".

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/09/2018 at 09:30, Pete Presland said:

The right filter can certainly help stabilise the view a lot, the 742 is an excellent choice! 

It is an excellent filter, but it is not the best or perfect yet, from the first test i feel i want another filter, it is too much, so i may go with something slightly less, could be red filter that is at around 600-680nm, or even wider/broader between 400-600nm, this filter will put the camera out of spectrum so no colors.

27 minutes ago, TareqPhoto said:

It is an excellent filter, but it is not the best or perfect yet, from the first test i feel i want another filter, it is too much, so i may go with something slightly less, could be red filter that is at around 600-680nm, or even wider/broader between 400-600nm, this filter will put the camera out of spectrum so no colors.

I also use a 642 filter, when conditions allow, although so much on the Moon. I even have a 807 filter that I occasionally use when the conditions are particularly poor.

We don't have those so much bad or poor conditions always, but it is nice to have options anyway for all conditions, and i don't think i will keep depending on this 742 always, and that is with the moon only, if i tired it on the planets then i may hate the filter.

Archived