NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Iris with 100D and Star 71. HaRGB

StargeezerTim

This is 16 X 12min, iso 400, obtained last night, combined with some Ha from last year (27 X 10 min, iso 1600). Thats just over 7.5 hrs in total. DSS and PS.

I keep coming back to this, mainly because I've never been happy with the outcome! Same this time really though its less of a noisy mess then last time. Any hints on processing this are more than welcome. I seem to have trouble processing these dusty areas...

1035748481_Irisfinal.thumb.png.48c8ff01d6fc36a750551e70b0ad87b5.png

25 minutes ago, StargeezerTim said:

This is 16 X 12min, iso 400, obtained last night, combined with some Ha from last year (27 X 10 min, iso 1600). Thats just over 7.5 hrs in total. DSS and PS.

I keep coming back to this, mainly because I've never been happy with the outcome! Same this time really though its less of a noisy mess then last time. Any hints on processing this are more than welcome. I seem to have trouble processing these dusty areas...

Super image.  Does the Ha contribute well to this?  You reckon I should have a shot at this later this evening?

28 minutes ago, StargeezerTim said:

I'm seeing more stars than it should be in the image :D. It looks like there is alignment issue, both in subsequent sessions and in RGB (odd since you are using OSC - channels should be aligned). What is your processing workflow?

3 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Super image.  Does the Ha contribute well to this?  You reckon I should have a shot at this later this evening?

I don't think you will find any Ha on this target - it is reflection nebula, and I doubt surrounding dust emits in Ha (but I might be wrong).

42 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

I'm seeing more stars than it should be in the image :D. It looks like there is alignment issue, both in subsequent sessions and in RGB (odd since you are using OSC - channels should be aligned). What is your processing workflow?

I don't think you will find any Ha on this target - it is reflection nebula, and I doubt surrounding dust emits in Ha (but I might be wrong).

Yes... there is an issue with the alignment. This most probably happened when pasting a HaR layer into the RGB red channel. There is some HA in the Nebula but it doesn't add too much. It does give a smoother image however than I can get with one shot colour.

Archived