NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cocoon Nebula - IC5146

Selborne

Hi Guys,

I thought I would share with you the spoils of last nights observing, it was a very clear and calm night here in Suffolk and the light pollution from the town of Stowmarket was quite low.  It has been a while since we had a clear still night through until dawn, so took the opportunity to have a go at capturing The Cocoon Nebula - IC5146. 

This Deep Sky Object has always been a difficult one for me, never really managed to pull it off, however with the aid of my Skywatcher 100 ED Pro Esprit Telescope complete with my Sony A7Rii Camera, atop my Skywatcher NEQ6 mount, using my Skywatcher 50ED Guide Scope, complete with Altair Astro ASI130mm (mono) guide camera and PHD2 Software of course, I was able to capture the picture below.  I have to say I am very happy.

The images is made up of 20 x 180s frames at ISO2500, no darks, flats or bias frames were used, stacked in Photoshop via the Mean function, levels and curves adjusted to suit.

Welcome comments / discussion.

Many thanks

Jamie

Cocoon Nebula - IC5146.jpg

Archived