NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ETX 70 parts

Howdy y'all. I've recently aquired an ETX 70 dirt cheap. I bought due to some of the accessories that came with it. The scope itself is missing the rod for the focuser, the mirror used from going from straight to 90 degree viewing, and the EP holder. I was thinking about repairing it as a rainy day project. I can't find a place to purchase the parts. Does anyone know of a place that sells individual parts? Thanks in advance.

Rob

Hello

Without the mirror, could you use the erecting prism instead and view straight through the 'scope?

It's 45° rather than 90° but would mean you didn't need the mirror or the ep holder.

Dunno about the focuser.

I'll have a look at my etx90, I wonder if it would be a case of just finding the right size and length of bolt?

Cheers

I had thought about doing that. I think it would limit how high it can view in the sky, but it is an option I'm considering once the focuser is repaired.

I hadn't really thought about checking if a bolt would work. It just might. I'll be dismantling it in a couple day and will check it out. Thanks for the idea!

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rockinrome said:

Hi Kn4fty, don't know if you've solved this, but I've had luck on a few parts from AstroBoot - http://www.astroboot.co.uk/AstroBoot

:)

Awesome! I'll check it out! I was going to dismantle it today to see if they had a bolt I could use on the focuser. If I can get the correct parts I would definitely prefer that. Thanks for the link!

Archived