SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Atik Horizon Heart Nebula

Had another go with the Horizon last night and am now very much more happy with the results.... advice from Atik to simple check the "PAD DATA" box in Artemis means the Histogram looks a little more like what I am used to and makes it more of a useful reference. Having said that, I stuck to 5 minute exposures last night just to see what things looked like and the histogram was placed at around 1/5 of the distance from the left. Still, got some nice results - 3 hours of 5 minute exposures on the Heart Nebula and a quick stack in DSS then tweaks with levels and curves in GIMP and it certainly shows the camera has potential and I am sure there is more data to tease out. There are no darks/flats etc, but I shall take some today and try stacking again  to see how that works but, ultimately, I am very happy with how the camera looks like it will perform. Just need the flattener/reducer now to sort out the stretched corners (I cropped it slightly on the left, but you can still clearly see the effect on the right)

ED72/Atik Horizon 39x300s subs IC1805 - Heart Nebula

Test2.thumb.png.8f98651e1222a9703e194ecc35e691dc.png

Nice. I have not seen much from the horizion. Adding a bit of O111 and S11 will make a huge difference but I like the fov. I just need to save up for a sw72.

Bit bored at work so downloaded as a .png and had a quick play in startools. Probably butchered it, can't really tell on the awful screen.

heart.jpg

28 minutes ago, Dragon_Astro said:

Aaah right, that explains the good Ha contrast then lol

Should check out ENS for the colour filters, I got a full 1.25" Baader set for £160....think they've still got one in stock now.

Yeah, will keep an eye open - although I need to recover from the shock of buying the Horizon first! ?

28 minutes ago, spillage said:

Nice. I have not seen much from the horizion. Adding a bit of O111 and S11 will make a huge difference but I like the fov. I just need to save up for a sw72.

Bit bored at work so downloaded as a .png and had a quick play in startools. Probably butchered it, can't really tell on the awful screen.

heart.jpg

Play away1 Especially if you are bored at work! I do find that the images I come up with look so different on different screens....never quite sure whether I am processing them "right" 

Archived