NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moonfish where to buy....

You could try one of the new Skywatcher Panaview eyepieces? They do a 32mm 70deg. Exit pupil remains sensible (7.1mm) but true FOV is quite good at 1.24deg. Edge correction is supposed to be the same as the William Optics Swan. I have the Adler 26mm, another Swan clone, and the central 40% of the field is sharp. Between 40% and 70% it's not too bad. And then from 70% out it's seagulls.

Russ

Thats alright Gaz I definetly agree with what you say.

Rus 9.33mm is pretty large, how big is an adults pupil. It may be difficult to hold the eye in the right position to get a good image.

You could try one of the new Skywatcher Panaview eyepieces? They do a 32mm 70deg. Exit pupil remains sensible (7.1mm) but true FOV is quite good at 1.24deg. Edge correction is supposed to be the same as the William Optics Swan. I have the Adler 26mm, another Swan clone, and the central 40% of the field is sharp. Between 40% and 70% it's not too bad. And then from 70% out it's seagulls.

Russ

Cheers I'll go and look it up.

A young adult has a 7mm exit pupil. But an old(ish) bloke (like me) i think is about 6mm.

Well mine will be about 4mm then. LOL.

Only joking Mine should be about the same as yours.

not sure what the budget is but the Adler 32mm is £49 delivered. The Panaview is £69. The Panaview looks to have a nicer finish with screw up eye cup. It could be the coatings are different too.

But from the feedback i've read so far i would say they perform identically.

If you want a proper nice low power eyepiece there's a 30mm TMB Paragon on UK Buy'n'sell for £100 at the moment. That will be far better corrected compared to these SWAN clones.

Archived