Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Deep Sky stacker...TIFF-FITS

thanks billy...just one more question, guys

I have used DSS to stack some NB data, but I now need to align the 3 filters without! stacking them.

I only want DSS to align the filtered frames, not RGB combine. I will use ImagesPlus for RGb combine and further processing.

How do I do this!!!

I have been racking my brain...

HELP

Paul

Paul, the best way is to right click on one of your selected files (for ha data for example) and click on use as reference, then when you load the data for the other channels, leave this reference frame in just ensure it is unticked so it doesn't get stacked. This way every single file is aligned to the same reference image, then it's a doddle to align in photoshop for example.

One tip is to load all of you files for all channels and use the tick boxes to run the various channels.

Hope this helps.

Steve..

thanks steve,

but i really want to use DSS for stacking and aligning the individual subs for each filter, and then align each filter with respect to the others...thensave these 3 aligned filtered images, then transport in to IP for colour combine and DDp etc.

i used the register checked pictures, to align my frames, but I dont know where the output (ie the 3 aligned files) is.

I have calculated the offsets and stuff...

will try and go back to the beginning

Paul

Paul,

what I have explained previously allows you to do this. For example, assume you have 5 subs in each channel, lets say the channels are RGB (assuming no calibration images).

Load all 15 (5 x 3) images into DSS, tick all the images in the R channel, then right click the first sub in R and select this as a reference image. Carry out the stacking process only using the 5 R channel subs. DSS saves the output as TIFF as you have already said but calls it Autosave (but never overwrites a file) and places in the directory where the subs are held. Save as a fit if necessary at this stage.

Now, go back to your list of 15 files, uncheck all the red and check all the green, but leave the Red 1 sub as the reference image. Carry out the stacking process. This then stacks the green subs to create your green channel but uses the same reference frame as you did for the green so the final green and subsequently blue channel have the offsets built in and can be overlaid without the need for any matching 'manually'.

Then do the same for the blue subs, and bob's your uncle, you should have three files of stacked subs which have been 'matched' to one reference file.

I use this system every time, it works very well.

Steve

Archived