Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Vertically adjustable piers

nightvision

Looking at actuators and mechanical systems for lifting a mount.

'Davey-T' has already done it so I am keen to learn how....  From James's obsy build thread....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"" Made it myself out of 200mm square steel tube and some lengths of 75mm angle, basically 4 lengths of angle concreted in the ground with the tube fitted over them and the ram inside lifting it.

It has four locking bolts in slots each side to lock it at any height, got it fully raised ATM viewing Jupiter but the seeing is rubbish with surrounding roof tops giving off the heat from the day.

Got the actuator from these folks it's 12 volt https://gimsonrobotics.co.uk/

I had a video of it going up and down somewhere but can't find it, can take one tomorrow if you're interested.

Dave ""

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived