NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Marching orders

Ags

I've been told to get a tracking mount ASAP by my family. They don't like the whole manual thing apparently. I am looking at the AZ GTi as it would fit perfectly on my Report tripod. It can cope with a Mak 127, so hopefully it could cope with a C6 - it's the same weight and length after all. And it supports an EQ mode and accepts a counterweight bar so it could be an ideal little mount for astrophotos with camera lenses. Somebody on CN even mentioned you can guide with PHD, which would be incredible...

That will be a lovely addition to your observing family Ags ?   Works very nicely on the report and easy to carry fully set up!

Helen

PS still waiting to try the Report with the giro at high mags.... :rolleyes: but so very happy with the Report tripod, does exactly what I wanted it to do ? 

The decision has been made but my credit card is hiding behind the couch! Hopefully next month... FLO have the best price but thirty days wait... 

Helen I am very happy with the Report, well worth the money. Looking forward to your giro adventures. ?

I find lots of people on the internet thinking about putting a C6 on the AZ GTi, but no-one seems to have actually done it. It should work, the short OTA is about 3.7 kgs, and I have no intention of using heavy 2" accessories... Do AZ GTi owners think the mount can take it?

Archived