Abell 61

drjolo

I collected frames to the image below over a few nights in April and May this year after my regular sessions at my roll-off shed under suburban sky. Setup was: Meade ACF 10" with AP CCDT67 telecompressor, QHY163M camera with Baader filters and EQ6 mount. Seeing and transparency were usually average-good. It is HOLRGB composite: 3.5 hours of Ha, 2.5 hours of Oiii and about 2 hours with LRGB filters. 

Abell 61 planetary nebula is not often imaged target. It is quite faint and pretty old (about 22,000 years). Can be located in Cygnus and its apparent diameter is 3.3 arc minutes - more less the same as M97 Owl nebula. But Abell 61 is much fainter. 

2018-05-20-A61.jpg

Thanks for watching!

Thanks guys! As I have read later it is not so hard target, it is also available for visual with larger scopes. But under my light pollutes sky even with narrowband filters it was a challenge :) 

Thanks again :)

19 hours ago, gorann said:

Yes, that is lovely ideed. I assume that central blue star is what remains of that exploding star.

Yes, it is. Hot star with apparent brightness 17mag and effective temperature over 60,000K. 

Archived