Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Over cooking with gas

Dave Moulton

Hi All,

The were taken over three nights in September. i managed some Narrowband data as well. Total exposure is approaching 5hrs. Processing not up to the mark though as I am still learning. My main frustration now is blowing out the stars and creating either too much bloat or artefact's that before I have noticed creep in and spoil things. I could do with a bitmore tuition.

Cheers,

Dave

Details : Colour rendition is 4 hrs LRGB with added Ha data

Narrow band has added OIII and Ha

SXVH9 Though WO Megrez 110 doublet

post-14400-133877347828_thumb.jpg

post-14400-133877347833_thumb.jpg

Your Pics. look very good to me Dave. I can understand your worries regarding processing. It has to be a skill you acquire with time. I suppose it is a question of the more you do it, the better you get, but of course tips and advice help too. I have to go down that road myself soon, so I may well be seeking hints and tips. :undecided:

Ron. :)

Your Pics. look very good to me Dave. I can understand your worries regarding processing. It has to be a skill you acquire with time. I suppose it is a question of the more you do it, the better you get, but of course tips and advice help too. I have to go down that road myself soon, so I may well be seeking hints and tips. :undecided:

Ron. :)

Cheers Ron, I am finding that it is so easy to skip a few steps and not save your work. It is not always that obvious as you process the image that you are in fact making it worse a lot of the time until it's too late to step backwards

Dave

Dave

You should be very pleased with your images Dave....The top image especially, it looks great.......

You will get there eventually when it comes to processing your data, im still learning after 10 months of astroimaging and there is always some new technique to learn, but practice makes perfect.......

Mark

Archived