Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M31 (Kelling)

Tim

The first night of the Star Party started with patchy clouds drifting through, so I just kept the OTA pointed at M31 to see what would come out.

Although loads of data was gathered, M31 really is hard to process, there are just so many aspects to it, and so this image isn't "finished" as such, as I want to add in some Ha data captured by my other camera. But I thought I'd post what I have so far, mainly because if you check the thread with Kevins M31, i'm having on the job training :undecided: .

For orientation, colour, and amount of stretch, I have tried to emulate the piccy in SPM's Atlas of the Universe. I dont actually have a clue which way round/up M31 is to the naked eye?

Cheers

TJ

9275_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

It certainly is a hard target to get right and is such a difficult beast to process. There are so many variations on the theme and you have done well to get where you have. If I look back at the attempts I made less than a year ago they are like chalk and cheese. I do tend to find that DSS tends to end up washing out the colour in the final stacked image and the colour can only be dragged back out by increasing the saturation. Keep up the good work Tim I'm looking forward to seeing the final combined image :undecided:

Regards

Kevin

Archived