Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wiring/cable diagram for my rig done correctly

Hi all im after a guide or a diagram on the best way to hook up everything i have as im new to what i now have i just want to be sure on what im doing is correct i will list below all that i have thanks

windows 10 laptop with 2x 3.0usb 1x 2.0 usb 2tb hdd 8gb ram.

skywatcher evostar 80ed pro

heq5 pro with synscan controller 

asi120mc 2.0usb guide camera using the skywatcher 9x50 finderscope  (modded)

asi1600mm pro camera with 8 postion electronic filter wheel usb 

i have the serial to st4 and serial to usb cables

got a fdit eqdir cable coming tomorrow plus all the power adapters for the gear and all cables which come with the above equipment i have downloaded the ascom driver and run the lastest synscan firmware v3.9 

so where do i start?

Asi efw to hub on asi 1600

Asi 120 to hub on asi 1600

Asi 1600 usb3 to usb3 on computer (via usb3 hub if necessary)

That takes care of the cameras.

Eqmod cable from mount hand controller port to usb2 on computer. No need to use synscan hand controller.

No real need to use st4, but if you want to use it: from asi 120 to mount autoguide port.

Power cables and dew heaters etc to their various outlets, depending on voltage.

That should get you going.

Good luck

Having multiple cable coming to and from the mount head can be a real PITA.  You should be able to have just two cables coming to and from the mount head, 1 x 12v cable and 1 x USB cable.

Mount any USB hub and a 12v power distribution box (see below) on the scope (or dual mounting bar if you use one).  You can then wire up a loom of short cables to run between the various bits of kit and the USB Hub/12v power distribution box.  Bingo, no more spaghetti!  Startech market some nice USB cables with right angled plugs on that make your wiring loom even neater.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HobbyKing-Hobbyking-PowerStrip-Protected-Distribution/dp/B00URCLOO2

John I believe the issue you had previously (in another thread) was the connection from PHD to the mount. 
As you are using the ST4 cable, you should choose the ST4 connection to the mount.

Here's my connection settings. (I use a Touptek camera for guiding.)
USB to serial. Serial/ST4 to handest. 
guide cam to ST4 on the mount.
Capture.PNG.36c58c808aa42a91dbcabae75a0de676.PNG

30 minutes ago, Redscouse said:

John I believe the issue you had previously (in another thread) was the connection from PHD to the mount. 
As you are using the ST4 cable, you should choose the ST4 connection to the mount.

Here's my connection settings. (I use a Touptek camera for guiding.)
USB to serial. Serial/ST4 to handest. 
guide cam to ST4 on the mount.
Capture.PNG.36c58c808aa42a91dbcabae75a0de676.PNG

Hi red yep that would have been the issue however i now have the eqdir cable coming tomorrow so hopefully all should be good thanks

Archived