Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

So I got the MAK

Delivered today (thank you flo), had a look on a tripod  and all looks good, I have now got it set up on the mount waiting for nightfall. I have attached my filter wheel and camera to it but no idea yet if its set up right taken the diagonal off and there is a 21 mm spacer between the wheel and scope

Folks on here are happy to help, but what is the problem you’re trying to sort ?  Sounds like you are trying to do imaging, so is the issue that parts won’t fit together, or maybe you cannot get the camera to focus. Have you tried to view visually with an eyepiece in the diagonal ?

Some pics would really help, together with some more explanation if poss.

Hope you sort it, Ed.

TBH I was panicking about the spacing with a filter wheel attached, I have loads of bits and bobs but as usual nothing ever seems to fit. Saying that I just this minute set it all up slewed to the moon, focused with an eyepiece then i took off the eyepiece/diag and connected the filter wheel camera and I think what is a 21mm spacer. Then started sharpcap and managed to focus on the moon. Now I have no idea whether this is right or wrong but I have got an image with it so its a starting point for when it gets dark later, here is the image I took

moon.jpg

Archived