Televue blog about sketching

Wiu-Wiu

http://televue.com/notamnomen/2018/05/16/the-art-of-deepsky-sketching-at-the-eyepiece/#more-2717

Televue devoted a blogpost to sketching. Tom has been sketching for many years now, with different telescopes, but has found new hights after upgrading to a 16" dob. He has inspired me, and many others, to pick up sketching and returning to the joy of observing. 

Also make sure to browse in the deepskylog database for sketches; or maybe register and upload/share your own! 

I read that blog yesterday. Even more remarkable is a drawing of the Double Cluster was initially mistaken for a photo and that proved to be the genesis of the blog post...And says a lot about how good the sketches are!

Thanks for sharing. Crikey, if I could sketch even a tiny bit as well as that I’d be happy. I live really good Astro photographs but some sketches I see are truly works of art that give an ethereal feel to the views. 

Archived