NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 15 May - poor seeing

geoflewis

What a difference a week makes....

After the excellent seeing on the night of 6/7 May it's been back to the UK usual of nothing at all, or nothing worth processing. With sunny clear skies all day here in Norfolk yesterday and the jet stream out of the way I was hopefull (well I'm ever hopefull...), but ended up being disappointed by cloud piling in just as Jupiter started to gain elevation towards its transit. I managed just 2 x R-G-B runs, before completely losing the sky, so here is how that turned out...

2018-05-15-2303_7-WJ-RGB_PS.jpg.745ac2d5a372624ff7b9139447611249.jpg

Imaged through increasing haze, I had to really 'bully' the data in Registax and PS to extract anything at all, which shows in the final image, but I'm sharing it FWIW anyway, so thanks for looking..

Regards, Geof

Not too bad considering the conditions. :smiley:

Luckily it was cloudy here, so I didn't have to suffer another rubbish session!  I caught up with some much needed sleep instead.

Angie

48 minutes ago, U Cyg said:

Not too bad considering the conditions. :smiley:

Luckily it was cloudy here, so I didn't have to suffer another rubbish session!  I caught up with some much needed sleep instead.

Angie

Thanks Angie,

I need my beauty sleep too, but I hate to miss an opportunity just in case it turned out to be a good session. I've also just bought a dedicated DSO laptop for the obs on which I've spent the last couple of days installing anf configuring the astro software so I wanted to test that out, but the skies put paid to that too. C'est la view - something to do another night.....

Geof

Archived