SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eye piece holder

rockystar

6 minutes ago, L8-Nite said:

Nice, but consider countersinking the screws below the wood level, as they could damage the eyepiece barrels while attempting to place eyepieces in the holders when its dark.

good thinking. Thanks. 

Extra eyepiece space on my Skyliner is something I've considered many times, though I just haven't got round to fixing the situation, possibly just adding another factory tray.

What I really want is  to produce my own  visual display rack(s) for the various brands, with a  potential height differential between  each rack, so that they can be stored front to back inside a glass display cabinet,  cheap as they are, it seems a shame to hide the eyepiece collection and would also act as a topic for conversation when guests arrive?

So far, just haven't found the right wood.

30 minutes ago, Charic said:

Extra eyepiece space on my Skyliner is something I've considered many times, though I just haven't got round to fixing the situation, possibly just adding another factory tray.

What I really want is  to produce my own  visual display rack(s) for the various brands, with a  potential height differential between  each rack, so that they can be stored front to back inside a glass display cabinet,  cheap as they are, it seems a shame to hide the eyepiece collection and would also act as a topic for conversation when guests arrive?

So far, just haven't found the right wood.

Eyepiece are for looking through, not looking at ;) i know what you mean though, some of them are beautiful to just look at.

I found I was just plonking them on the side of the base and kept worrying they would fall off. This should solve that issue and they are now right where I need them :)

1 hour ago, L8-Nite said:

Nice, but consider countersinking the screws below the wood level, as they could damage the eyepiece barrels while attempting to place eyepieces in the holders when its dark.

Done; just removed the washers that I'd it put on to prevent it from doing that :)

Archived