Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

OTA Alignment

HI

I have a very slight mis-alignment in my OTA due to the adapter which fits to a 50mm extension piece. I'm trying to get rid of the compression ring and screw arrangement and use screw-in T connections.

My arrangement at the moment from the ZWO filter wheel I have a 1.25" nose (which has an internal thread). This slides into a 2" adapter and is tighten with a compression ring and one screw. This slides into a 2" 50mm extension piece which is tighten with a compression ring and two screws. The nose of the 50mm extension piece slides into the focuser and is tightened with a compression ring and three screws.

I'm looking for a 50mm extension piece that has a 2" nose at one end and a 1.25" end that has the thread on the outside to fit into the filter wheel adapter.

I can't find one anywhere, can anybody help.

I haven't emailed FLO yet allthough I have trawled through their website. It's on my todo list for Monday.

Regarding the focuser compression ring. Looking at it with a magnifying glass, it looks to be glued in. I woulsd love to get rid of it but at least it has three screws. I think the culprit is at the other end with the compression ring with one screw. I don't think it compresses evenly with just one screw.

I'g also going to email Telskop-Express on Monday and see if the the focuser end does come off (without a hammer)

David

Archived