SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

1st M42 for me this year

LostNSpace

Hi All!!!!

I cannot believe it has been about 3 months since i last posted anything......Like everybody else i was hoping for a great summer with lots of clear nights but as most of us know you cant rely on the great British weather.....Now were in Autumn hopefully there will be a lot more clear nights like tonight.....

Even though it was a lovely clear night it wasnt really a successful one......Ive picked the best of a bad bunch to post and one of my favourite nebula`s M42.....

10 x 60 sec subs @ ISO 800 and 63 x 25 sec subs @ ISO 800 ......

9181_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Cheers

Mark

Thanks Guys......

I didnt check the individual subs Billy........Not sure why theres a faint offset star in there........

It was just really a test image for me.....Its far from perfect i know, image very noisy for one, alignment and focus are out as well......Get those issues sorted out and i`ll be well on my way to producing a half decent image.......

Cheers

Mark

far from perfect i know, image very noisy for one, alignment and focus are out as well......Get those issues sorted out and i`ll be well on my way to producing a half decent image.......

Cheers

Mark

I would say your more than well on your way !... check out the Bahtinov masks they make focusing a doddle...

http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php/topic,30884.0/all.html

If I haven't already done a mask for your scope just post the details in that thread and i'll knock you one up...

Billy...

I`ll have another crack at M42 later, work on getting a better focus, im too clumsy really, half the time i end up knocking the focusser or undoing the wrong screw as im trying to fiddle around in the darkness.....If all fails i`ll have to try that mask, cheers for the link Billy......

Archived