Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron MPCC test

I managed to get hold of a Celestron coma corrector second hand. :)

So last night I went around my friends house ( he has a lathe in is garrage) and set about working out a way to get the MPCC 55mm from the CCD chip on my camera and reach focus on my 10" f 4.8 Newt.

With a mish mash of bits from old SLR lenses and after cutting a shed load off the Skywatcher 2" focus adaptor we got it to 55mm.

So back home and it was clear so I decided to give it a go..........Bu**er it was short of inwards focus with just a touch needed I guess about 0.25mm short.

So a quick adjustment I was able to put it together 52.5mm from the CDD this left me with 2mm of inwards focus travel left after reaching focus.

Below is the test shot and a crop of the top right corner of the test shot from last night and an image from before.

with the bodge I did to get it set @ 52.5mm the ccd is not quite square to the mpcc but it's still a great improvement.

I now have to decide weather to move the primary up the tube or cut a touch more off the 2" adaptor to reach focus @ 55mm

Mike.

post-13376-1338773476_thumb.jpg

post-13376-13387734761_thumb.jpg

Archived