Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M 104 ZWO ASI 071 Pro

Benklerk

Messier 104 also known as the Sombrero Galaxy, is a majestic unbarred spiral galaxy located in the constellation Virgo.
The Sombrero Galaxy has an apparent magnitude of 8.98 and lies at a distance of 29.3 million light years from Earth.The galaxy has a diameter of approximately 50,000 light-years 30% the size of of our own galaxy.

Messier 104 has an incredibly bright nucleus, an unusually large central bulge, and a conspicuous dark dust lane in its disk. The appearance of the galactic bulge and the dust lane that crosses in front of it have earned M 104 the name Sombrero. The dust lane has the shape of a symmetrical ring around the bulge.

The Sombrero Galaxy’s large bulge and supermassive black hole at its core make the galaxy a popular target for study.
Messier 104 has a large population of globular clusters. Observations have yielded estimates in the range from 1,200 to 2,000 globulars.

GSO 6" RC
HEQ5 PRO
ZWO ASI 071 Pro
23 x 5min = 1.9 hrs

M 104.jpg

I like it, really beautiful dust lane on the galaxy! I think the image could do with some more noise reduction to particularly the background.

How do you find the HEQ5 copes with the 6" RC? It sure looks like it handles it well..

10 hours ago, jjosefsen said:

I like it, really beautiful dust lane on the galaxy! I think the image could do with some more noise reduction to particularly the background.

How do you find the HEQ5 copes with the 6" RC? It sure looks like it handles it well..

Hi,

Yeah the HEQ5 pro handles the 6" well, It could even handle a 8" carbon fiber if a go with OAG.

Archived