NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Widefield targets for tonight?

If the weather holds true to its current state, I might be able to get out with the star adventurer tonight. I was thinking about imaging the markarian's chain area with my D3200 and 105mm lens. I'm not sure if the focal length is great enough to image those galaxies well however. Even my attempt at the pinwheel had it very small.

Any suggestions?

25 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Best of luck!

Thanks for the wishes!

I'm experimenting with 3m subs. First few shots revealed fairly round stars so here's hoping the stack ends up good!

I'm hoping for about an hour or an hour and a half of data. Either way some galaxies showed up in single subs so I think it'll be one to share :) fingers crossed.

I was actually wondering about Markarian's Chain myself and what sort of focal length would be necessary to get any detail in the galaxies. I'll be interested to see what you get at 105 and what others suggest. I'm just using a camera, lenses and a Skyguider right now myself.

52 minutes ago, Buzzard75 said:

I was actually wondering about Markarian's Chain myself and what sort of focal length would be necessary to get any detail in the galaxies. I'll be interested to see what you get at 105 and what others suggest. I'm just using a camera, lenses and a Skyguider right now myself.

I got this much detail with a 1 hour stack. Unfortunately the stars are a little elongated and I got clouded out so I couldn't get a second hours worth. I might come back to this though.

image.thumb.png.192f9972019c7f2bfe9ec8ebbcfa2299.png

Archived