NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Eagle and it's Pillars- HaRGB 6hrs (A different approach)

Mr_42tr0nomy

Greetings yall!

The time has come. I have traded in my mount and my apo and will be getting an entirely new setup. I am still keeping my ATIK 414ex though... it is truly a phenomenal camera.So with that being said.. re-processing it is!

ANYWAYS, this data is from 8 months ago but I reprocessed it in PI and it came out WAY better than my last version. This is 6.3 hours of exposure time from bortle 4 skies. I had some serious stacking artifacts in the Ha channel that I didnt notice until I started stretching he image and doing some deconvolution. I could always go back in DSS and fix it but since this is just a new rendition and not new data I'm going to keep it as it.  Hope you guys enjoy smile.png

William Optics 102mm
ATIK 414ex
Orion Atlas
Astrodon RGB

eagle nebula HaRGB jpg.jpg

Thank you all. When I integrated the Ha data I got a ton of “brown” colored dust around the edges of the Nebula instead of the usual “salmon” color you get with Ha data. So, I decided to keep it that way. Not sure I’ve seen it presented like this before 

Archived