Fuji Provia & Sensia colour slide film

While searching for some decent 16x DVD-R disks i ended up at the online shop www.mx2.com , a shop i've used plenty of times before for PC games. However they must have overhauled their website recently and expanded their range of goods because there's tons of stuff on their now.

But what caught my eye last night was the Fuji Film section. And the more importantly the Fuji slide film sub section. Opened to find an aladdin's cave of all my fav films - Fuji Provia and Fuji Sensia. So i've ordered myself some Sensia 400 colour slide. Will give it a go on the MIlkyway and perhaps try for some meteors.

http://www.mx2.co.uk/prodpage.asp?type=prod⊂=CMFFUJIS

Regards

Russ

Hi Russ just a wee question concerning Fuji film.

I have used Fuji film in the past and found it not too good as it wasn't a

good film for picking up the colour red which is essential for

Milkyway/nebula....imaging.

My question is this is there now a good version on the go that i could use

for this as it would widen my options for future slide film use?

Hi Jamie,

You're right Fuji isn't great for red response, so no where near as good as Kodak for picking up the red in the milkyway. But i used it 2 years ago for an 15min image of the milkyway and it picked out NGC7000 no probs. I just think it gives a better looking sky and stars. Plus it should be well suited to capturing meteors, the 400iso should give some extra ooopmh for short exposures.

I think it's best to search out some Kodak Ektachrome 200 for the ultimate Milkyway shot.

Russ

Yeah the EQ1 has potential - just not sure that I'm ever going to get around to using it !!!

By the time I set up the EQ1 sort the polar alignment - I may as well have carried the HEQ5 and used the polar scope...

Maybe that'll go up for sale soon, maybe towards a HEQ5 skyscan :)

Ant

Archived