NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ8 settings for meridian flip and SGP .... anyone help?

swag72

Since my PC has come back from repair I have been unable to get a successful meridian flip in SGP and neither can I change targets ..... I can no longer for the life of me see where the settings may be wrong and so wonder if someone who is running the EQ8 and SGP that successfully has meridian flips working can help me with their settings.

I *think* it may be an EQMOD problem..... The first plate solve and centre on any target works perfectly...... then when it comes to the flip or target change the centering won't work. The scope will do the first plate solve image and then will not move again in RA or DEC and so the plate solve fails. It's like there's some alignment point being stored somewhere that stop the centering process from working properly. 

I am using a good power supply, there's NO cable snag or drag and te RA and DEC axis moves freely. The guiding works perfectly and the mount does it's first centre of the night perfectly so I know its not a hardware issue. I am using the Lynx EQMOD cable and have the latest ASCOM and drivers loaded. This is driving me mad!!! Can someone offer some pearls of wisdom?.... please!!! :) 

My EQMOD settings are below.

EQMOD 1.jpg

EQMOD 2.jpg

@Swag72 I’ll be following this with much interest. I have had the same experience although with the eq6. Worked perfectly, had to replace pc. Can’t get the flip to work. Can’t even start on targets west of the meridian ?

33 minutes ago, martin_h said:

Shouldnt there be a side of pier setting?......................

Untitled.png

From what I read on the SGP forum, Strict conformance is the setting to use as it sorts out all the pointing issues that were there previously.

1 hour ago, Scott said:

@Swag72 I’ll be following this with much interest. I have had the same experience although with the eq6. Worked perfectly, had to replace pc. Can’t get the flip to work. Can’t even start on targets west of the meridian ?

Have you posted in the SGP forum about this Scott? I expect they would be able to help.......

1 hour ago, martin_h said:

Try eqmod version V1.28m.......... i think there was some issue with side of pier pointing, eqmod and SGP ?

I think I will try to revert to an older version Martin... thanks for the idea :)

Archived