Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Possible upgrade to a 6" f/4 Newt

Hi everyone

I am looking to replace my 130PDS with a 6" f/4. My 130PDS has been a great scope but has always had an issue with the primary, this is currently baffled off but not worth replacing.
Looking around there is two possible options and I cannot find much information about either of them.

TS-Optics 154/600
Orion 6" f/4 Newtonian Astrograph

I already have a MPCC that I use with the 130PDS which is good to f/4 so I intend keeping that.
I am also currently imaging with a modified 600D but intend upgrading to a cooled setup over the next 12 months (money allowing).

I have no issue in slight tinkering where needed but there again I do not want to buy a lemon.
Has anyone had any experience with either of these scopes? How do the optics, focuser etc compare to the skywatchers I have at present?

Any information or advise would be great. If there are other options for around the same kind of money feel free to let me know

Regards

Mark

2 hours ago, laser_jock99 said:

I have the TS Astro 6" F4 which is nice widefield scope. Not used it a lot lately if you want to borrow it for testing?

Thanks for the offer
I would not mind taking a look at it but wary of borrowing anything.
How do you find the build quality and focuser etc... compared to the skywatcher newts?

I like the build quality of the GSO scopes (GSO seem to supply a lot of retailers like Teleskop Service who simply re- badge them). The quality of the GSO focusers is better than the Skywatcher scopes (or at least the Skywatcher models I have). The scope definately needs a few tweaks to get the best from it- but you have to bear in mind it is a 'budget scope' in concept if you buy one. PM me if you want I look- I should be back in Wales in a week or two (work permitting!!).

Archived