Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help wanted for skywatcher 200p adapter.

ribuck

Hi All,

I need some help trying to find out where i might find some adapters. Below is a picture of the stock 2" -> 1.25" adapter and barrel so people can see what i mean.

I'm basically looking for the bevelled base adapter that fits into the focuser with a low profile 1.25 barrel.

Does anyone know where i can get these from, in particular Bern / Steve do you sell these ?

9113_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

9114_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

9115_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Basically, i cant achieve focus on my skywatcher 200p with my MX916, so i need to gain a few more mm's of inward focus travel. worst case sceanrio, i am able to screw the bottom bevelled piece directly into my filter wheel and this works but it's just a faff, so i'm just looking to see if i can get away with using a short 1.25 barrel / throw.

The alternative of buying a low profile focuser is just too costly at the moment. worst case scenario i'll just get another bevelled adapter and have one permanently screwed into my ccd / filter wheel.

I'd be interested in this too as I massacred mine (sawed it down) in order to fit filters in to my system with DSLR. works ok but wont screw nice and flat on to the focuser tube which can cause awful collimation issues if screwed in wonky. Besides I've since gone for the CLS filter clip and need to revert back to the old system for viewing.

Matt

Hi Matt i bought an adapter from bern at modernastronomy which came this morning so i'll give it a whir tonight and let you know.

I do have a sneaky feeling that i already bought one of these off Bern, so i might have wasted my money.........Sigh........

Hi Matt i bought an adapter from bern at modernastronomy which came this morning so i'll give it a whir tonight and let you know.

I do have a sneaky feeling that i already bought one of these off Bern, so i might have wasted my money.........Sigh........

Yep, you're right, a quick check through webcart and phone sales shows you've got one from a couple of months ago.

Don't worry, if you don't want it and can't find a good home for it, just send it back for a refund or credit.

bern

Archived