NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Canon EOS T2i camera problems?

I am continuing to try to take some eyepiece projection images with some brand new Celestron Ultima Duo eyepieces. I am using them connected to my Canon EOS T2i DSLR via a T ring adapter. When I shoot images using prime focus my T2i produces very sharp quality pictures. When I add one of the Ultima Duo eyepieces for eyepiece projection images the camera will not focus at all. The best focus I can get, which is very, very fuzzy is with the focuser drawtube all the way out. I thought maybe it was the eyepieces, but when I put the eyepiece in my telescope they produce very sharp images. The attached image is a prime focus image of a vent pipe on the roof of a home about 1/4 to 1/2 mile away taken with my T2i. I am led to believe that the camera settings are incorrect when I add the eyepiece, but if that is the case, I am uncertain what I am doing wrong. Hopefully someone else has taken some eyepiece projection images through an Ultima Duo eyepiece with an EOS T2i and can tell me what I might be doing wrong. This is the first place I have come for help with this problem as I have not emailed Celestron or Canon yet. I would greatly appreciate any and all help I can get.

Thank You

John

Stack.jpg

Archived