Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M82 First go with a OSC

astro mick

Hi all.

Recently aquired a second hand SXV-H9C OSC,having always had mono i thought a OSC ccd would be a breeze.In reality i really struggled having thought you just take the images and voila here we go.

Not to be i,m afraid,and my results were all over the place with awful colour,i wondered what was wrong.I soon became aware of a process called debayering,inputting correct off-sets, and so forth, totally alien.

I could not find much info on the web to describe the process or indeed to find the correct off-sets for the SXV-H9C for my software Astro-Art.

Fortunately one of our exerllent imagers on this lounge Olly gave me some good pointers and also directed me to further info.(Thanks Olly and Harry.)

Now produced my first reasonable image.

Taken with my ED 80 at F7.5.

12X600 secs exposures.

Calibrated with Flats and Bias Frames.(If using later versions of Astro-Art look at Harry Pages tutorial on how to process flats.)

Not a brilliant image,but am really pleased how it turned out.

Maybe add Ha at some point.

Mick.

M82.png

Nice image Mick, I too in the process of spending money down the line was thinking of OSC the exact same way as you, though a different model, maybe Atik. I thought they would be just like my Canon DSLR. Maybe one day someone will sit down and try and make this crazy dark art somewhat more easy to use and understand, last night I would have filled a swear box.

Alan

Thanks Alan.

I obviously know what you are going through,it seems imaging is a constant battle of getting everything to work and hopefully get a reasonable image in the end.

Plus the UKs lousey weather.

Whats your weather like over there?

Mick.

Archived