Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron 4SE Mak

I have a Celestron 4SE Mak, which has a flip mirror built in to allow a camera to be fitted. What I am trying to do is use the 90 degree EP slot to view with through a normal EP, and then the lower flip part where the camera can be fitted to have my new ZWO ASI 12OMC CCD fitted installed instead of a camera. However, to do this I would need an adapter that screwed onto the camera thread fitted to the scope, with a 1.25mm barrel part to accept the ZWO camera and to secure it in place like a normal EP etc. Does any one know if there is either a single adapter that could do this, or combination of two adapters that might do this? The adapter that Celestron sell for this lower flip mirror part to be fitted with a SLR camera is not suitable I don’t think to allow the ZWO to be inserted and fitted to it. Any help much appreciated folks! :) 

Here’s a pic of the camera adapter below 2D6ED38F-2348-4B74-AC45-01C217CBB0BC.thumb.jpeg.8eb0b2d058b63771ac38922a0016be2a.jpegthat allows an DSLR to be fitted, which is where I would like my ZWO camera instead.

51 minutes ago, Graham Darke said:

FLO sell this https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/baader-t-thread-to-125-helical-focuser.html

pretty sure that would attach to the t tread on your present adapter where it attaches to the t ring for your dslr.

( the tripod is spot on by the way, thanks again)

Graham 

I have a Baader diagonal that has this exact helical focuser on it, and the part that would screw on to the scope thread is to large. The size of the thread it screws onto is 35mm on the scope, and the size thread on the Baader adapter is approx 40mm, so on its own it won’t fit.

Glad your happy with the tripod. :) 

1 hour ago, Graham Darke said:

FLO sell this https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/baader-t-thread-to-125-helical-focuser.html

pretty sure that would attach to the t tread on your present adapter where it attaches to the t ring for your dslr.

( the tripod is spot on by the way, thanks again)

Graham 

OK, got what you mean! D’oh! Don’t have the adapter as yet, so need to get one. Can then try out my Baader T2 helical focuser on it. Logically it sounds as though it should fit, so fingers crossed. Ta! :) 

Got the original Celestron adapter to go on the the back of the scope, which allows the Baader T helical focuser adapter to be fitted on OK. Only issue I had was when fully tightened on the back of the scope the Celestron adapter had a slight amount of movement even when fully screwed onto the thread of the scope, so I placed a thin O-ring in betweeen the securing ring that screws onto the back of the scope. This made it fit much better without any slight movement. Now I just need to test it all out under some dark skies. Forcast for tonight is for clear skies, so fingers crossed! :) 

Archived