Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Camera

KAYCE

Looks great. Hard to get a bright object and a dim one together without overexposing the bright one or losing the dim one. Focus is okay or Jupiter would be a fuzzy ball. I would try bracketing exposures, vary the shutter speed and/or ISO over a series of shots. 

6 hours ago, Luna-tic said:

Looks great. Hard to get a bright object and a dim one together without overexposing the bright one or losing the dim one. Focus is okay or Jupiter would be a fuzzy ball. I would try bracketing exposures, vary the shutter speed and/or ISO over a series of shots. 

At the risk of being argumentative if you look at Jupiter it appears as a donut shape which is typical of out of focus.

Ivan promise you I'm not being picky, just trying to help.

Also 1/20 second is way to slow to get a sharp image of Moon or Jupiter in my opinion .

This was 1/125 @ 200 ISO Nikon D7100 on a WO Zenithstar 71

Jupiter is the tiny spec at the bottom.

DSC_3653.thumb.jpg.189b3e0d489b232e6a1550c1501ce6b2.jpg

No argument taken, maybe it's just my old, tired eyes :help:.  Jupiter's almost too small for me to see in or out of focus there, and I even have some focus issues when looking through my own EP's.

Yours is a cracker of an image, hope I can get as good with my WO scope. You and I seem to have a bit of similarity in our equipment when reading your sig.

How are you liking your Starsense? I used mine first time a couple of nights ago, seems to be all it was hyped to be. How do you attach it to your Zenithstar? I may send a PM to keep this thread on topic.

Archived