NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Grimaldi

MilwaukeeLion

Did you use a Barlow too or is this prime focus? The collimation looks spot on to me. There was a good article in February Sky and Telescope on SCT  collimation using Polaris in focus when the seeing is good for final adjustment. I'm going to try this got my C8 next time - if I ever get good seeing. Going to get some Bob's Knobs soon too.

10 hours ago, melsmore said:

Did you use a Barlow too or is this prime focus? The collimation looks spot on to me. There was a good article in February Sky and Telescope on SCT  collimation using Polaris in focus when the seeing is good for final adjustment. I'm going to try this got my C8 next time - if I ever get good seeing. Going to get some Bob's Knobs soon too.

Prime focus, used ROI of 640 x 480, resized image in Registax by 200% so its twice as big as original.  Will need to check out that article you mention, C11 images still seem little soft for some reason.  I plan to compare filters to my unfiltered results. Practicing for upcoming planet imaging season, just got hands on my first electronic filter wheel which is fast, idiot proof and a vast improvement vs my manual one that I turn the wrong direction or forget what filter I'm on and fumble around with.

Archived