Meteor from 19/1/18

hi thanks , yes - it can be set to any exposure length within reason, as i like meteor captures but have lots of aeroplanes overhead, balance the capture length to 12secs to capture transient stuff and minimal plane trail captures. just means i have a ton of frames to flick through in morning, but its good to see what goes on in the night :) ill do a review of the unit / software when get some time. Roughly 9pm to 6am creates 2700ish frames, this was one!

Neat capture! 

11 hours ago, happy-kat said:

Could you write something to auto flick through images to sort out all the ones that deviate and have something different to show?

Surely software must already exist for this sort of thing - those sorts of algorithms have been used for years in medical establishments for sorting out cancer cells etc. haven't they?  I would think IT must by now be able to improve on a literal manual flick through - which after all has served the post well for checking stamps for years!! LOL

just seen these replies - so yes there is an auto detect algorithm to spot deviations, though the one that comes included takes a while to process. Haven't tried yet but will be giving it a go soon, though may spot more planes than meteors :) 

Archived